The Yankees were 7-0 against the Twins in the regular season. The Yankees will also have the advantage of the Twins arriving in New York late as it's almost 10 pm and the game just completed. Expect the Twins to arrive early tomorrow morning, although the team may have enough adrenaline to make it through the one game. But they do have to face the 6'7 CC Sabathia tomorrow to welcome them to the lovely city of New York. I just hope Carl Pavano can get into the series so his former teammates can "thank" him for all his hard work that he did in New York. Oh wait they might catch Pavano syndrome and have a mysterious injury.
Key Players for the series:
1. Joe Mauer - the leading AL MVP candidate is not only an offensive threat but an outstanding defensive catcher.
2. Alex Rodriguez - Has he proven he's over his October woes or will it continue to haunt him?
3. A.J. Burnett - Will the good or evil A.J. show up?
4. Robinson Cano - Hopefully he remembers how to hit with runners in scoring position.
5. Andy Pettitte- Will his fatigued shoulder be able to hold up for potentially three weeks?
This should be an entertaining series.
Prediction: Yankees in 4